Name Lily Brooke
When did you discover your ability to write music & sing ?
- I've been singing ever since I could and writing lyrics my whole life but it wasn't until I started playing piano around 18 months ago that I started putting my lyrics to music. It was my mam's idea to put a few of my songs on youtube and I've continued ever since.
Who is your favourite band/singer?
- I honestly don't have a favourite band or singer because I like so many genres of music it's impossible to pick. Some of my favourite bands are Muse, Biffy Clyro, Panic! At the disco, and Paramore but I also like solo artists like Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Tori Amos, Kate Bush and Tim Minhcin.
When did you first perform solo in front of a large audience?
- My first performance for a large audience was during a competition with 103.4 SunFM last Summer when I was 14. I ended up winning the competetion so it helped me get over a lot of stage fright. It was great.
What has been your biggest challenge to date?
- I've sang in so many places with huge audiences however I found school performances the hardest because people were the most judgemental there. Nobody had known that I wrote songs or anything so it was hard to go from such a shy person onto the stage. Once I had done it I found everybody supportive which was great and it really built up my confidence.
Who inspires you now?
- All of my family are incredibly supportive of what I do which in ways inspires me to write more and continue. My Nana and Grandad and Mam and Stepdad are always there to support me, without them I wouldnt have my music lessons and all the equipment they have bought me :-) Musically, Tim Minchin and Bill Bailey inspired me to learn piano, one day I wanted to be able to play like them. I'm also inspired by Lady Gaga/Elton John/Petshop Boys etc massively. Musically there are just to many to mention.
Who writes your music.. is it you, do you collaborate or does somebody write them for you?
- I write all of my music myself and most of it is collections of ideas I've had from when I was younger and now I've adapted them and made them something better. I love writing songs but I also write stories and poems I find it helps to expand my vocabulary.
What message do you want to send out in your songs to your fans?
- I write my songs about personal experiences or possible situations I may face in the future so I hope people would be able to relate to my songs and interpret them in different ways.
If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
- No more wars. I think that's what most people hope for but not many people believe a world without violence can be acomplished. I feel like I'm declaring a speech for world peace. This will inspire millions (Y).
- Has to be my nanan's mince and dumplins of course!
Favourite flavour of ice cream
- Ben and Jerry's cookie dough. It's the best.
If you could tour with any artists or band who would it be and why?
-Probably Panic! At the disco becuase I just think they'd be great to hang out with. I'd be able to sing their 3 albums back to them, and they could give me tips. It'd be pretty cool to meet Brendan Urie.